HP 79XX MAC Disk Drive Emulation
The Arraid AEM-6C system provides a new and warranted equipment replacement for HP 7905, 7906, 7920, and 7925 disk drives connected to an HP 13037 Multi-Access Controller (MAC). The AEM-6C is plug-compatible with the original HP MAC drives, while using current and reliable SCSI drive technology to store data. No host system software or controller changes are required to install the AEM-6C. The AEM-6C provides a complete bridge between the host HP MAC controller and the AEM's SCSI drives. HP 7905, 7906, 7920, and 7925 drives are used on HP-1000 computer systems with specialized functions and custom software, making it impractical to re-host the complete computer system. While refurbished HP 7905, 7906, 7920, and 7925 drives are available, refurbished drives commonly fail within a few months resulting in system down time. The AEM-6C is provided as new equipment, with a warranty, and MTBF of 200,000+ hours. Additional AEM-6C options include disk to disk backup, disk to tape backup, and mirroring. No refurbished HP replacement can match the reliability, features and customer support provided by choosing the AEM-6C to replace your aging HP MAC disk drive. Contact Arraid today to learn more about new drive replacements for aging computer systems.
The AEM-6C is available in a 19" rack mount chassis. The configuration shown here can replace HP 7905, 7906, 7020, and 7925 drives, while adding backup and multi-volume features.
Features and Benefits
- Replaces aging and refurbished HP 7905, 7906, 7920, and 7925 drives with new SCSI drives.
- Additional features such as backup, mirroring, and removable SCSI media can be added.
- Easy to install. No hardware or software changes required, other than the drive itself.
- Can replace or be added to existing drives.
- Operating system, application and diagnostic software are supported as is.
- An LED or Alpha-Numeric Operator Panel provides the same controls as the original drive.
- Minimal Operator training required.
- High reliability with near zero maintenance required.
- Greater computer system availability with lower cost of ownership.
- Reduced power consumption compared to the original drive.
- HP data can be stored to 3.5" magneto optical cartridges.
- With disk head alignment no longer an issue, media may be moved from drive to drive without concern for readability.
- MO media is archive quality, impervious to EMI, yielding both reliable media distribution and a 25+ year shelf life.
- The AEM is configured using internal software.
The same unit will emulate 7905, 7906, 7920, and 7925 disk drives.
- System disk capacity may be increased if required.
- Using the same AEM model for several drives limits the spares requirement.
For More Information
Get the AEM-6C Data Sheet.
Learn how the AEM-6C replaces HP 7905, 7906, 7920, and 7925 disk drives using Disk Drive Emulation.
Use the highlighted menu selection, Products, to see Models, Enclosures and Popular Options.
Unable to determine if the AEM-6C is right for your application? Contact Arraid or return to the Arraid data storage homepage to learn more.
Return to HP 1000 Disk & Tape Emulators Page.